Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Normal Day

I just started my blog and already I'm neglecting it. That didn't take long, huh? Ha!
I do have some stuff in mind that I will try to post later though.

I came across this great quote on another blog today. The blog is called Enjoying the Small Things, and it's fabulous. If you get a chance to visit, I suggest starting here It really is a beautiful story! (and the photography is A-MAZ-ING)

Ok, back to the quote. She took it from a reader who's grandmother has this taped to her bathroom mirror. So I'm sorry I don't know where it originated!

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

Beautiful, right?
I've been counting down the days to spring (literally. I have a countdown ticker. Only 1 month until the first day of spring, by the way) and I love this reminder to enjoy the normal days. Even the cold, cloudy ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Term of Use